We have a wealth of experience dealing with burners and other systems used on vessels: from boiler burners used for the main propulsion engine on large LNG carriers, to auxiliary boiler burners used as heat sources within the vessel, as well as waste liquid incinerators, and bilge / slush treatment systems. We offer products with excellent energy savings and environmental performance in conjunction with a global service network in order to support safe and efficient marine transport.
This is a system to concentrate waste oil contain water and oily bilge water efficiently by humidification and evaporation method (low temperature humidification) that are generated at vessels. It significantly reduces a cost and workload to treat and unload waste oil and oily bilge water. In addition the humidification and evaporation method is completely closed-system and it does not discharge any processed waste oil and concentrated water to the ocean from a vessel. It helps a vessel to reduce an impact on the environment.
- Processing capacity: 1,000 to 3,000 kg/day
- Heat source: Water temperature: 80°C Vapor (0.5 MPa saturated steam) Heat-transfer oil (140°C)
- To concentrate waste oil contain water and oily bilge water by highly efficient humidification and evaporation method.
- Less incineration of waste oil on a marine vessel and less workload to unload waste.
- Not need heat-up-concentration in a waste oil settling tank.
- Easy handling by low temperature-heat-source.
- A fully automated system makes operation easy and helps reduce the labor involved with bilge water processing.
- The heat source supply can be used any residual vapors, heat-transfer oil or engine coolant (low temperature waste heat) for energy saving.
- No discharge any processed waste oil and concentrated water to the ocean from a vessel.
- High efficiency evaporation, no condensed water return from a flue.
The homogenizer is used for pre-processing fuel oil for marine vessels and is used on many ships. “Low sulfur fuel, reduced NOx and CO2 emissions” is a major issue with marine vessels. Volcano developed and released the HCR-N homogenizer, which integrates new technology for the future in order to make our product compliant with environmental regulations in the next generation.
- Processing capacity: 1 to 10 m3/h
- Discharge pressure: 0.03MPa
- The contact free rotary pulverizes and refines sludge particles down to a level below 5 µ.
- By setting it up before the main propulsion engine filter, it can reduce CO2 emissions by homogenizing and pulverizing sludge and thereby improving combustion.
- By setting it up before the oil cleaning system, it can reduce sludge amount for the oil cleaning system and decrease maintenance.
- The homogenizer can process (down to a level below 5 µ) the sludge that is discarded, making it possible to recycle the fuel oil and reduce fuel oil costs.
- The design has a simple structure and is compact and lightweight, making it robust and easy to install.